Zumm Photo Lens Mount Adapters for Canon EOS M Body
by ZUMM PHOTO
Save $ 10.00
Original price $ 39.95
Current price $ 29.95
- The Canon EF-M lens mount, introduced in 2012, is a derivative of the Canon EF lens mount designed for use with the Canon EOS M mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera.
- It has an 18mm flange focal distance (compared to 44mm for EF and EF-S) and a 47mm throat diameter (compared to 54mm for EF and EF-S).
- Though as it is designed for use with an APS-C-sized image sensor, it features the same crop factor (of roughly 1.6) as the existing EF-S lens mount.
- It allows the use of other lenses with this adapter, but it is not backwards-compatible with Canon's existing DSLR cameras.
- Introduced in 1987, the EF lens mount is the standard lens mount on the Canon EOS family of SLR film and digital cameras. EF stands for "Electro-Focus": automatic focusing on EF lenses is handled by a dedicated electric motor built into the lens. Mechanically, it is a bayonet-style mount, and all communication between camera and lens takes place through electrical contacts; there are no mechanical levers or plungers.
- In 2003, Canon introduced the EF-S lens mount, a derivative of the EF mount that is strictly for digital EOS cameras with APS-C sensors released after 2003. EF lenses can be mounted on EF-S bodies but EF-S lenses cannot be mounted on EF bodies.