OSD AUDIO PRE-1 Preamplifier with Phono Input
A preamp is a key component to experiencing true sound and a critical element to playing recorded music,. "Separate" components, as they are sometimes referred to" provide the listener with superior performance over an all-in-one receiver. Since each component is separate, the signal path is untainted by the other devices and functions. In addition, each component has it's own individual power supply to deliver stable current flow at just about any sound level.
THE OSD AUDIO PRE-1 Professional Home Stereo/Home Recording Pre-Amplifier is a mid-grade, affordable preamp that adds front-end system control to two or multi-channel audio systems and home recording systems.
The PRE-1 provides four selectable unbalanced analog RCA inputs, AUX1, AUX2, CD/DVD and the all important PHONO input, which will allow direct connection of a vinyl turntable to the preamp.
The front panel also features three tone controls: Bass, Mid and Treble, plus Balance, Master Volume and Loudness Contour Knobs with min to max adjustment settings. Additional front panel controls include Power, Mono/Stereo, Low Filter, Mute Buttons as well as another hard to find feature, a tape loop switch.
Finally there is also a ¼” microphone input jack on the front panel with adjustable mic level control, ideal for musicians or if you just want to sing along with the music.
The PRE-1 includes a 2-year warranty.
- Tone Controls: Bass, Mid and Treble, Center settings are flat. Levels for each are attenuated when the knob is rotated counterclockwise and it is boosted when turned clockwise.
- Loudness Control: This compensates the low frequencies when listening at lower volume levels.
- Master Volume and Balance Controls: Adjusts the output level to the amplifier and left and right balance.
- Low Frequency Filter: When enabled, reduces undesirable subsonic low frequencies.
- Mono Switch: Converts the output signal to Mono when pushed in.
- Microphone Input Jack: Input for Mic ¼” Jack is unbalanced low impedance
- Mic Level Control: Adjusts the levels of the input signal
- Muting Switch: Reduces levels 20dB when enabled
- Source Selectors:
- Phono: Left and Right Input jacks plus Ground Screw Terminal
- AUX1: Use to connect any number of analog sources like External Bluetooth Receivers, Wi-Fi Receivers or TV Set Top Boxes
- AUX2: see AUX1 both are Analog Right and Left RCA Inputs
- CD/DVD: Connect to a good Quality CD player, DVD or Blu-ray DVD which will play DVD or and CD
- Tape Play and Record Jacks: For the Tape Loop Monitor
- Output Jack: For connecting to the input Jacks of your Power Amplifier with RCA Unbalanced Analog Cables
- AC Selector: Switch between 110V-220V AC.
- Rack Mountable
- Phono Pre-Amp for moving magnet cartridges
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP) which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.